Macro Tuners, Dual-Loaders and Sophia Drop Tuner Setup Guide
Intonation is adjusted by inserting a 2mm hex wrench into the Intonation Port next to the string slot to loosen, reposition and retighten in the normal manner. Each Intonation Screw includes an additional hex socket accessed from under the base plate.
Deluxe Saddle Tailpiece Setup
- Insert the supplied 2mm hex wrench into round hole at the apex of the saddle, turn counter clockwise to loosen locking mechanism.
- Insert plain end through rectangular opening, though the saddle and out over the string slot at the nose until the ball end resides within the rectangular port. If string diameter is over .050-ish, insert 3/8 inch plain string end through nose slot and under clamp.
- Use the 2mm hex wrench into round hole at the apex of the saddle to clamp string into a locked position
- Add string to tuner and tension the string to pitch:)
60:1 Macro-tuner Setup Guide
Installing a string with the ball-end:
- Tuner Knob -- 100% counter clockwise so String Lock is visible in slot
- String Lock -- ensure 100% counter clockwise to receive strings
- Pull string through the Tuner Knob until ball rests completely in Knob
- Tighten String Lock Hex Screw to secure the string [clockwise].
- Reverse 1-4 to remove string
*********CLAMP BEFORE TUNING THE STRINGS**********
Alternative String Slot Sting Loading
Insert a wound string, up to .060, or about .50 - .75” exposed core of a wound string up to .070, through the string slot and into the tuner pin deeply enough to get the windings over the Intonation Point [IP] to clamp successfully. That way, the cut end of the string is not sticking out of the back of either the Deluxe or the Macro-tuner knob. The other end of the string is secured by a headpiece, locking nut or tuning pegs with or without the ball-end ...
On-the-Fly Intonation Adjustment:
- Loosen tension in the string by the tuning peg
- Use the Tuner Knob to thread the Tuner Pin, say .100/2.5mm, back to a second position -- see third figure below -- retune to pitch using tuning pegs
- Unthread the Tuner Pin back to the first position, fully relaxing the string, to access the Intonation Screw
- Loosen the Intonation Screw to adjust position, tighten and retune, verify, etc.
Tuner Pin -- Looser feel/tuning pegs -- larger fine tuner range
Tuner Pin -- Min .250 range for headless usage and Intonation Adjustment
Tuner Pin -- Max .350 range for headless usage
Drop Tuner Setup Guide
CSL Drop Tuner is a lever-based quick tuning accessory for the Macro-tuners... easily change from one pre-determined pitch to another, say, E to D on the 6th string, and then back again ... recommended with 51000 and 61000 with Stop Mode features or Global Tuner Pro and the CSL Coupling Stabilizer -- see below.
Flipping the Drop Tuner lever activates a cam to variably shift the position of the Tuner Pin and Tuner Knob assembly within the Macro-tuner body a pre-set amount.
Fine Adjustment Screw Setup
- Ensure no offset between the two brackets, The D Position
- Extend the setscrew to make contact the with lever
- Tune to "D" by the tuning peg and/or Macro-tuner
- Flip the lever to the E Position, engaging the cam against the setscrew, to verify accuracy
- If the "E" is flat, flip the lever to access and slightly extend the setscrew and retune/flatten the string to compensate
- Verify in E Position ... repeat prior step until both pitches are true under typical tremolo usage, string stretch, etc. conditions
CSL offers several solutions to support adjacent string tension for drop tuning:
- The built-in Adjustable Stop feature on the 51000 Spring Blocks and Global Tuner can be setup to limit the tremolo so that the tremolo can not tilt back.
- Global Tuner Pro -- includes pre-tensioned dual stabilizers in the spring block to reinforce initial position for accurate returns from both directions, double stops and drop tunings.
- Using the Semi-Stabilizer to stabilize initial position for drop tunings along with double stops, etc. -- accurate recovery in one direction only.
Non-locking nut test: Sophia 2:92 Pro [+] ... 3 tremolo spring setup for a looser feel and a Drop Tuner prototype ....
Accurate returns from either direction -- excellent inter-string harmonic stability for regular and drop tuning, especially for a non-locking nut arrangement....
Sophia Standard Saddles
CNC Milled Stainless Steel or Brass Dual-Loading Standard Saddles
Include a “top-loading” so that the reinforcement windings at the ball-end of the string advances to the .197 high intonation point -- to eliminate string stretch without resorting to locking or clamping the string --
Includes string threading through the spring block for a looser more traditional feel.Provides the option to install the string through the top to position the winding to the IP to utilize the windings as the reinforcement -- CNC Cold Rolled Steel Standard Tremolo Block found in the Sophia 2:22 Standard Custom Shop Edition.
Sophia 2:22 Deluxe Saddles
Cast stainless steel Saddles -- Dual Locking/Loading
Like the Macro-tuners, these saddles provide the option to install and lock strings with the ball end in the trailing end - Larger diameter strings, up to . approx .075" through the string slot.
Sophia Stabilizer Plate
Coherent Sound In Light and its related logo are US Registered Trademarks and are protected accordingly. Coherent Sound In Light incorporates McCabe US patents and related IP
c & p all rights reserved -- specifications subject to change without notice.
Ping Well Industries, 3rd Street, Shuh Yih Li Taichung 40241, Taiwan Phone: 886 42-261-9139.